What is supervision? When we strip away the pictures and connotations of the term supervision, it is in essence a process and partnership with another member of your organisation that supports you and your team to connect to, explore and put into practice the role you have been employed for.
This year we are introducing a new format to our Supervision Workshops.
We will offer a one day workshop followed by two webinars over the ensuing six months to support your practice to integrate what has been presented
to offer a reflective learning space to explore different aspects of your role as a Strengths based supervisor, always with an emphasis on people and purpose.
One Day workshop will explore:
- Principles of Strengths based Practice.
- The supervision role and responsibilities.
- Interface between personal and practice.
- Parallel practice that brings understanding and equality to the supervision relationship whilst maintaining a focus on purpose.
- Understanding Trauma informed care in relation to our clients and ourselves as practitioners.
- Processes and techniques that enable strengths-based conversations to empower practitioners.
One Day Workshop Melbourne – Tuesday 3rd March 2020
Venue: 720 Heidelberg Rd, Alphington Cnr Park Ave
Time: 9.30am - 4.00pm
Lunch and notes provided.
Parking: Free in side streets. Please do not park in car park behind the venue.
Followed up by two interactive webinars (recorded for those unable to attend live) :
1) Thursday 11th June – 3:00pm | Presentation followed by an open Q & A
In the June webinar after a short presentation you will have the opportunity to bring real world work situations to the group that you would like to workshop. What worked? What didn't? What are you still feeling stuck with and why?
2) Tuesday 15th September – 3:00pm | Presentation, case studies and reflective practice
In the September webinar we will be exploring trauma and its impact on team members. Since the 1 day workshop how have you implemented trauma informed care in your supervision practice? Have you noticed benefit in this approach or not? What have you observed?
Presented by: Bernadette Glass
Please note: In the unlikely event that there is an insufficient number of booked participants, workshops may need to be postponed. Notification will be given one week in advance of the workshop date. Refunds or transfers will apply.